11 April 2011
Oranges and Cinnamon
This is so simple I can't even call it a recipe. It's really more of a suggestion, or a tip. When I was overseas in Morocco I was often served this dish as a snack or after lunch dessert. It is so cool and refreshing, especially in the hot Moroccan villages. The first time it was served I thought it was the strangest idea. But the flavor convinced me that strange was actually brilliant!
Next time you need a pretty and healthy snack to serve that's one step above "here, I chopped up some fruit for you" try quartering an orange, or peeling it and slicing it up so they look like pretty flowers. Arranged them on a plate and sprinkle well with cinnamon. Serve while cool.
On another note, the lovely lady of My Beautiful Life has been so sweet to give me the one lovely blog award. Thank you so much, it was just the encouragement I needed as I continue to push and grow this space into one that shows the real me.
It states that I need to link back (done), tell 7 things about myself, and award 15 other awesome bloggers and alert them so they can claim their award.
Here's 7 things about me. Give me a shout down in those comments if you can relate at all!
1. I think how people care for their hands and nails tells a lot about them. That is why they are one of the first things I notice when I meet someone new.
2. My all-time biggest pet peeve is people in customer service positions that feel that it is not in their job description to serve you.
3. I drive a 1996 Honda Civic. Duct tape is holding the visors together. I will keep it until it dies.
4. One of my favorite bands is the Bee Gees. I always forget this, until they come on the radio and I'm screaming with excitement.
5. I had my first kiss at age 13 with a boy named Thomas Will. After seeing a movie in the theater I ran up to him, kissed him, and ran out of the theater.
6. I didn't own an iPod until 1.5 years ago.
7. I like to try and belly dance when I'm home alone and no one will see me.
Award 15 other bloggers. I most certainly will! I've met some awesome people along the way. Check out the following lovely ladies and be sure to show them some blog love!
Amy - Amy Around the Corner
Brenna - This Battered Suitcase
Stephanie - The Merry Way
Ashley - Coming Undone and Falling Together
Leslie - Fresh Out of Lemons
Cindy - Big Mama Hollers
Jillian - Coffee, Light and Sweet
Oneika - Oneika the Traveller
Vanessa - Her + Him
Vivien - The Eclectic Life
Rebecca - Dear Friend
Courtney - My So-Called Denver
Kayla - Hope is Coming
Christine - Travelling Canadian
Rachel - Heart of Light
Thanks again My Beautiful Life. You're too kind.