25 October 2011

Vegetable Tian


 Isn't this dish so beautiful? I waited with anticipation as it cooked, so anxious to set it on the table because I knew it would be impressive. Even after a year of cooking for John I still get excited to cook for him, and he still gets excited to see what's for dinner. I knew I had it beat with this dish. And it's not just pretty folks, it is tasty to boot!

I found this recipe on a blog called For the Love of Cooking. Really great recipes there and I'll definitely be going back after trying this one! Go check it out!

Vegetable Tian

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 russet potatoes, unpeeled
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
3 large Roma tomatoes
Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Dried thyme, to taste
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook a few minutes more until the onions start to brown and caramelize a bit. While your onions are cooking slice the potatoes, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Spray a tart dish or pie plate with cooking spray and pour the cooked onions into the bottom of the pan. Spread evenly.

Arrange the vegetables (potato, zucchini, squash, tomato) in order in a ring around the plate (as shown in picture). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, thyme, and drizzle with last tbsp of oil. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.

Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan. Place in the oven, uncovered, for an additional  25-30 minutes.


Question of the Day: 
Have you discovered any great new food blogs? If so, share a link!





7 comments:

  1. this dish looks delicious! i have a favorite food blog but its in norwegian...
    i`ll share the link anyway ( theres always google translator to use if one wishes) http://godgreskmat.wordpress.com/ - a norwegian woman living in greece sharing amazing greek recipies : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Hannah! I must check out that food blog:) Love finding new recipes!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so amazing! I think both me and the hubby might enjoy it! YUM! Looks like it could be a good holiday dish - pre-bake w/ the foil and add the parm and heat up when you get to the house your celebrating at! Also, I love thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this dish is gorgeous! I love how colorful and beautifully styled it is :) I'm sure it was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy food! There is a lot of colour of vegetable. It help to attract child who don't like vegetables. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely gorgeous! I want to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so awesome and I want it now!

    ReplyDelete