So John has been out of town this past week, leaving me to a weekend all by my lonesome. I made sure to fill up my schedule though, and had lots of fun with family and friends despite the fact that my husband was exploring the beauty of the Grand Canyon without yours truly.
Saturday morning and afternoon I went wedding dress shopping with both of my bride-to-be friends. Kayla got some good ideas and Becky actually found "the one!" Saturday night I spent sitting on my butt on the couch.
Sunday I went to church with my dad and we had an awesome time. It is days like yesterday that I know we made a great choice on our church home. The sermon was hard-hitting, honest, uplifting, and came with a challenge. It was one of the best Sundays I've had in a while. After, my dad and I went to the farmer's market and had a picnic. Also one of the best days I've had with my dad, too!
This week, I'm severely lacking on pictures. But I did want to close out with...
"10 Things I Do or Don't Do When My Husband is Gone."
1. I don't shower...like, at all. (see above picture...) I mean, why bother when there's no one around to smell you?
2. I eat meals of random things. Why yes, popcorn, carrots, gouda cheese, and almond milk go together perfectly!
3. I narrate my cooking with various accents as if I was being recorded for a Food Network special.
4. I watch 50% more T.V. when I'm home alone.
5. I don't clean. I mean, the kitchen stays neat, but everything else was a disaster area.
6. I don't sleep as well when he's gone.
7. I imagine horrible things happening to me while I'm alone...like horror movie stuff, folks!
8. I wear the same outfit for the entire weekend because I can...
9. I get to have more time with friends than I normally would.
10. I miss him terribly.
Question of the Day:
How do you handle your spouse being away?