16 March 2011

Grey's Anatomy Relationship Drama Helps Heal



Can you folks believe it? I'm sick. Again. I seriously can't remember the last time I was sick this much. Actually I can, it was from 1996-2000 when I lived in North Carolina and was allergic to every native tree and pollen. But I swear ever since I moved to Florida I've been healthy! Something is seriously wrong with this year, and if it keeps going this way I'm just going to hide out until 2012.

I went to the doctor today only to find that I had a full blown case of bronchitis with a side helping of pneumonia. Bronchitis and pneumonia? Yes please...NOT! On the patient forms I was asked "have you tried to decrease the amount of prescription drugs you are taking?" Apparently they did not read my chart well because they prescribed me three. THREE! Any of you who know me well know how much I hate taking pills. Although, it's not a shock that they don't read my chart. Why is it that you are forced to fill out an entire ream of paper on your health history, current medications, and date of last period before seeing the doctor if they are going to ask the same information when you get in the room? Anyone else sympathize? From now on I'll respond to these questions with "well, you'll see there on my chart that I filled in that blank...can you read what is says?" Yeah, that'll teach 'em.

 I'm just not a happy camper right now.

My husband told me to blog. He said, "maybe your readers will wonder where you went." That's sweet and all, but I think the writing thus far has proved that I am in no mood to be quick and witty or smart and fun. But in the spirit of "doing life together" it is probably best. Each of you share little pieces of yourself with me, good and bad. So it's only fair for me to reciprocate. I'll try to wrap this up with a happy face. :)

I've been trying to kick this bug from the comfort of my hand-me-down couch situated just in front of our T.V. I added all the seasons of Grey's Anatomy to our instant queue and started from scratch Tuesday afternoon. I'm already over halfway through season two and honestly believe that this show may have healing powers.

In the last sixteen episodes I have laughed, cried, and swooned. I've watched Meredith kiss Derek, reject Derek. Kiss Derek, and reject Derek. Izzy is starting to like Alex. George got syphilis and continues to wow in the OR. Christina kissed Preston, rejected Preston. Kissed Preston, and then got knocked up. Numerous patients have died. Even more have been admitted and treated with unthinkable diseases. (Seriously, what hospital gets such interesting cases so frequently?!)

When I stand back and look at it skeptically I see how ridiculous this show is, how much like a soap opera it tends to be. But I really do enjoy it. I can't wait to see what happens next and although it may not actually improve the state of my illness it does help me forget about it for a moment or two.

That's all for now folks! I hope to be back soon once I've gotten a little bit better and have done a thing or two with my life interesting enough to blog about. I'll leave you with one burning question...

What's your favorite "I'm home sick" T.V. show? 



2 comments:

  1. Actually, I'm with you :) I've been sick quite a bit this winter (*sigh* and I've been feeling a little run down this week, so it might not be over yet. Sending up a fervent prayer that this is a false alarm...) and when I've been home sick I've been catching up on Grey's. When it comes down to it, most of us do not want to watch "intellectual tv" when we're sick :) ...A little drama & fluff can be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Amy! Glad to know I'm not alone. I finally got my husband hooked...so now I can't watch this show even when I'm healthy! :) Hope you continue feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete