10 March 2011

Taco Soup and Tortilla Chips

Oh, this soup is so good. This was passed down to me from my mother...like all my best recipes. :) This makes a ton at an affordable price, so if you're feeding an army, I recommend this recipe. Most times I freeze up half of the soup that way in a few weeks I have something yummy to enjoy on a week I don't feel like getting my cook on. Enjoy!

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef  (browned)
1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
1 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
3 small cans green chilis (chopped)
Drain and add one can of each:
     Pinto beans
     Lima beans
     Kidney beans
     Hominy beans
1 pkg. each of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 cup frozen corn
3 cans stewed tomatoes with liquid (chopped)

Also need: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips

Brown the meat with the onion and salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. 

Bowl the soup and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a small handful of cheddar. Dig in with tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment