10 March 2011

Taco Soup and Tortilla Chips





Oh, this soup is so good. This was passed down to me from my mother...like all my best recipes. :) This makes a ton at an affordable price, so if you're feeding an army, I recommend this recipe. Most times I freeze up half of the soup that way in a few weeks I have something yummy to enjoy on a week I don't feel like getting my cook on. Enjoy!

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef  (browned)
1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
1 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
3 small cans green chilis (chopped)
Drain and add one can of each:
     Pinto beans
     Lima beans
     Kidney beans
     Hominy beans
1 pkg. each of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix (dry)
1 cup frozen corn
3 cans stewed tomatoes with liquid (chopped)

Also need: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips

Directions:
Brown the meat with the onion and salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes. 

Bowl the soup and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a small handful of cheddar. Dig in with tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment