21 November 2011

My First Thanksgiving



Well, this is my first Thanksgiving as a vegetarian. It isn't, however, my first vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner, as the family I am going to visit in Pennsylvania has absolutely no idea I'm a vegetarian...

I'm banking on the fact that a Thanksgiving table is usually plump with variety, leaving plenty of goodies for yours truly to eat. But when you think about it, the following items also could contain meat- gravy, stuffing, casseroles, green beans, etc. So it's also likely that I could have a plate full of cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and bread. Not exactly balanced, but you won't find me crying in my cranberries. I'm really just happy to be with family. And there's always opportunity for the glory of a veggie filled table next year.


                                                                                          Source: google.co.za via Andie on Pinterest


The real question is whether or not to let them into my secret. The men in my family are big time hunters, canning up venison and freezing freshly slaughtered birds all year. Something tells me if I "come out" I may not hear the end of it and may end up in a can myself. If I had to guess, the pin above would really sum up their feelings.  ;-)


Coming up this week:
Tuesday: My Top Picks for Thanksgiving Recipes!
Wednesday: 10 Ways to Keep the Peace This Thanksgiving
Thursday: Thanksgiving- A Reflection
Friday: Too. Much. Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment