03 January 2012

Winter Break Update

Good morning!

How are you? Man, it feels like I have been out of town forever. I miss you all and thought about you often. I really did, that's not just something to say. I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!

As you read in my prior post, Christmas was wonderful. We enjoyed our time together so much and it's amazing how fast those kids are growing up. Well, amazing isn't the right word...scary is.

Here's some more pictures from our time in Virginia...

John and the kids AND our friend Xiaoxin playing Apples to Apples. We met Xiaoxin 3 years ago in Orlando when she was studying there and came to an international student event. We became great friends and hung out weekly for 1.5 years. Then she moved....to the same town our family moved to! Imagine our luck. We love you Xiaoxin!


We also did a 2.8 mile hike to White Rock Falls off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Wonderful to connect with nature and get our workout on!


John and the kids conquering a rock!


Oh the joy of a child...


And the joy of love... :)

See? I told you we had a great time! We got back into town last Saturday and rang in the new year with our friends Caitlin and Ben and their cats Boomer and Dip. I didn't get any pictures of the night...argh! Since then I've been at home, sick with a cold and laryngitis. Not a cool way to end my vacation. But, I am happy that it has caused me to slow down today at home long enough to write an update here and reconnect with you all.


Question of the Day
How are YOU? Tell me all about it...what was the highlight of your holiday?




No comments:

Post a Comment