13 January 2012

Something Other Than Stretchy Pants....

Oh my goodness, I feel like a brand new woman today. I don't know if it was the antibiotics the doctor put me on, my diligence in taking them, or your thoughts and prayers, but I feel great today! You know you were really sick when a great day means you can breathe through your nose, even if you have to blow it every minute of the day...

I've been itching to get back here and share some photos and an update from last weekend. Remember this post where I talked about my "accomplishments" for 2012? One of them was to seize the moments when John is away and really enjoy spending time with myself. Last weekend I did just that!




I'm so proud of this picture. It documents a Saturday morning where I actually showered, did my hair and makeup and looked pretty for the day! Most my Saturdays are spent in stretchy pants and workout gear with my messy mane pulled up in a nasty bun-thing. But Saturday I was spending time with my girlfriends and took the oportunity to put on some tunes and primp myself for once. I enjoyed it so much I might do it again this weekend! :)



Here I am with my girly friends Kayla and Kate. Kayle (the middle) is getting married on February 25th and we spent Saturday at her dress fitting and enjoying a lunch together. She looks so beautiful in that dress and I can't wait to show you all pictures from her big day.

Kate is the maid of honor and I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding, so we spent the rest of the night together crafting and planning for Kayla's bridal shower we're throwing this Sunday. YAY!  I'll have many pictures coming up. The theme is "I've Got Your Love to Keep Me Warm."

And now...a immunity-booster smoothie...


Immunity Boost Berry Smoothie
serves 2

1.5 cups orange juice
1 banana
4-5 large frozen strawberries
1 handful of frozen mixxed berries (blueberry, blackberry, raspberry...)
30 drops GSE liquid probiotic
4 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy the boost!



Question of the Day:
What kind of things do you do for you when your husband is gone?






No comments:

Post a Comment