12 August 2011

Friday Replay- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers

Friday Replay is where I get a chance to replay some of the posts that I wrote  back when the only people reading were my mother and husband. So many of them mean a lot to me, and show my heart a bit more, so much so that I want to share them with the many readers I'm blessed to have now!
_______________________________________________________________



So, I have a bit of a stalking problem. I love Jenna's Eat Live Run blog. I seriously can't get enough of it. Her stories are great and the recipes are delicious. I found this one a few weeks ago and she demanded her readers make it for dinner. I did, and they were amazing!

I kept everything the same when it came to the burger, but changed the toppings to suit my tastes and those are the only changes I have made to the recipe below. If you haven't already, check out her site and give her some blog love. Then cook this for dinner!


Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
makes 4 burgers

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey *
1 egg, slightly beaten
5 oz frozen spinach (about half of a bag), defrosted
3/4 cup feta cheese
1 tsp salt + pinch of pepper

Directions:
Mix together all ingredients with your hands and form four medium sized patties. Cook patties in a greased skillet for about 6 minutes per side, or until meat is completely cooked. Serve on toasted buns with thinly sliced red onion, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. 

*I prefer ground turkey breast




Question of the Day:
What's on your menu for tonight? 







23 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I feel like I remember this post - have I been following that long? I love turkey burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm! it seems delicious!
    Like it!
    xoxo
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one looks so delicious!


    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those burgers look fantastic! I am not sure what I am having for dinner, I have a Bridal Shower tonight and that is where we are eating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to re-use your old posts! This burger not only looks amazing, but I already have all the ingredients in my fridge right now :-) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! That looks delicious! Menu tonight? We're roasting hot dogs with the neighbors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy cow! this looks amazing!
    get in mah bellay!
    and i completely forgot to answer you, but c-ville stands for centerville. sorry i'm not cool enough to live by your parents. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Looks delish :)

    ~Tammy
    www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! And I'll be having some leftover thai food - red curry with tofu and brown rice, wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg what a yummy and healthy recipe! Nice blog, i am now following you! Follow me back if you like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love spinach & feta--possibly one of the best food combos. this sounds really good , you have the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. These look so yummy & healthy...I must try!!

    My dinner menu was pretty embarrassing...Zaxby's Chicken Tenders and Fries. Blah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. spinach you say?! look at you, sneaking vegetables into my meat! ha! just kidding. i do like spinach dip and i add either feta or blue cheese to my burgers all the time, so i'll definitely give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have these bookmarked to try! They look SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i always love a home made burger!... mmm i'm cheating on my diet last night LOL eating a burger with tlc... I'm back in blogging!.... been gone for such a busy life.... now i continue and keep moving...

    i'm just happy to see my favorite blogs and your one of my fave bloggers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super late on this post, but totally stealing this one from you! I already love turkey burgers, and this is such a great way to spice them up. I even think the hubs would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmmmmmmmm, that looks really really good!

    xoxo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to try this sometime this week - it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete